Class Teacher: Miss Thurston
Learning Support Assistants (LSAs): Mrs Reddy and Miss Hookham
We will be continuing to use DB Primary: hogarth.essex.dbprimary.com for homework.
Please go to Homework for more information.
The children will be required to use the username and password that was issued to them as part of their home learning pack at the end of the Autumn term. It is important that children keep their username and password safe and that they do not share it with friends or family.
As part of the DB Primary platform, your child will be able to use a forum to keep in touch with their friends and teachers. Please discuss the safety implications of this with your child:
- Anything your child puts onto DB Primary can be seen by members of staff.
- Sensible behaviour must be used when accessing the blogs or forums
- Make sure that any pictures you upload (profile picture, or pictures in posts) are suitable for a school audience
- Be kind when leaving comments on others’ work
- DB Primary has an automatic profanity filter, which is designed to block any inappropriate language, which also includes ambiguous words such as ‘hate’.
- All messages can be reviewed, checked and traced to the sender.
- Teachers can block the message sending option if they think it necessary.
- Any inappropriate content can be reported to staff at the school by clicking on the whistle icon.
- We hope that having access to DB Primary will be a helpful way in which you can support your child at home and that children can begin to take responsibility for furthering their own learning independently.