At Hogarth Primary School the children pride themselves on their topic work. At the end of each half term the class teacher hands in a selection of the best topic books that meet each objective from our schools 'Project Professor' criteria. A topic book needs to fulfill all of the 10 criteria listed below. Each class submit their entries for this award 2 weeks before the end of a term.
The winners are announced during the final celebration assembly on the last day of term. The children receive a certificate from the Head Teacher and their outstanding work is put on display in the main hall for all to admire.
Project Professor Criteria
1. Good level of presentation throughout the book which follows the school's WAGOLL (What A Good One Looks Like).
2. Evidence of historical/ geographical skills.
3. Content reflects all of curriculum map
4. Shows the pupil's creativity.
5. Evidence of cross curricular English.
6. Evidence of cross curricular Maths.
7. Evidence of cross curricular Science.
8. Teacher's marking reflects school policy.
9. Evidence of self-assessment in purple pen and the pupil has responded to teacher marking.
10.Evidence of enrichment day.